Wednesday, March 04, 2020

Facts and Fictions on Wet'suwet'en Land Defense

Wet'suwet'en: Fact Check

by Pam Palmater

 
March 3, 2020
 
Wet'suwet'en Fact Check - In this video, we fact check some of the claims that have been made by government officials, law enforcement, as industry as well as some political pundits in the mainstream media about the Wet'suwet'en and Indigenous solidarity actions. 
 

As I have stated in my previous videos, I do not speak for the Wet'suwet'en Nation, as they have their own spokespeople. Also, any errors made in this video are my own and not that of the Wet'suwet'en peoples or Nation. Here are the links to the Unistoten and Gidimten websites where you can access their supporter tool kits and find out how you can help:  


Please note that nothing in this video promotes violence on our Indigenous territories. 

If you would like more information about these issues, you can check out my website at: https://www.pampalmater.com 
 
If you would like to help me keep my content independent, please consider supporting my work at Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/join/2144345 
 
I also wrote about many of these political and legal issues in my book: Indigenous Nationhood: Empowering Grassroots Citizens published by Fernwood Publishing: 
 
My book Beyond Blood: Rethinking Indigenous Identity and Belonging (published by Purich Publishing), also talks about the Canada's long-standing discrimination against First Nations women and children in the Indian Act - something the National Inquiry noted was a root cause of murdered and missing Indigenous women and girls: 
 
WARRIOR LIFE T-SHIRTS & HOODIES: https://teespring.com/stores/warrior-... 
 
Please note: Nothing in this video or the attached materials should be misconstrued as legal, financial or medical advice nor relied on as such. These videos are for educational purposes and represent fair political comment. 
 
SOURCES:  
 

No comments: